Royal LePage State Realty, Brokerage. Ancaster Ontario Canada
Lisa Tollis SRES®
Real Estate Salesperson
Why Use Me As Your REALTOR®?
The answer is: Trust, Professionalism, Experience, Patience & Caring.
A REALTOR® is a licensed real estate professional who is a member of a local real estate board, The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and a provincial association. A REALTOR® has successfully completed an intensive course of study and has skills, knowledge and experience in real estate transactions. They must adhere to provincial law and abide by a REALTOR® Code of Ethics, ensuring a high level of service, honesty and integrity.
Buying or selling a home is a big business transaction. That's why it's so important to select an experienced team of experts and professionals including a REALTOR® you can trust. If you're buying, you'll find the services of a REALTOR® invaluable in helping locate the property that's right for you. If you're selling, talk to a REALTOR® for sound advice on when to sell your home in the least amount of time for the best possible price.
Maybe you're buying a home for the first time. Or maybe you're selling your old home to move up to something new. Whatever the reason, the buying and selling of a home is a big event. It's an intricate process involving many specialists. One of these specialists is a REALTOR®, whose job it is to make the transfer of property as easy as possible.
When you have decided to buy or sell real estate, hiring the services of a qualified real estate professional are of utmost importance.
I have a good working knowledge of local real estate market conditions, am prepared to deliver a high standard of service to customers, and I have the support of a large real estate company. Most importantly, I will save you time and money.
I am a licensed Real Estate Professional. My job is to represent you in any and all real estate transactions. I have the experience and know-how to make your home selling and buying experience enjoyable
Here are the advantages of working with me.
When buying a house:
- I can help you determine your buying power.
- I provide valuable information to help with your selection process.
- I know qualified lenders and understand your financing options.
- I have the resources to find you homes that may not even be on the market.
- I am an experienced negotiator who will manage your offers and counter-offers.
- I know how to successfully negotiate on your behalf.
- I am familiar with the neighbourhood and can give you information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services and amenities.
- I am familiar with the entire real estate purchasing process and can advise you of your legal and financial options as well as recommend appraisal, home inspection and contracting services.
- I make the closing process smooth and stress-free.
- I can pinpoint property that fits your needs and dismiss those that do not, saving you time.
- I know the potential problem areas in a home and neighbourhood and can guide you away from those areas
When selling a house:
- I have the means to successfully market your property.
- I know real estate values in your neighbourhood and will help set an agreeable and competitive price on your property.
- I will establish a marketing strategy for your property ensuring that it is exposed to scores of potential buyers.
- I know when, where and how to advertise your property.
- I can help accelerate the close on the sale of your home.
- I provide due diligence through the property evaluation process.
- I take care of the many tasks involved in selling property (from placing your listing to putting up the for sale sign). This ensures that the transaction is simple and low-stress for you.
- I am an expert in the real estate selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- I am an experienced negotiator and will work for to get you the best price possible price
Royal LePage has offered the ultimate level of real estate services to our customers since 1913. We are the best in the business, our products and services are the best on the market, and our company and I are committed to delivering the best results. That's Why we are Canada's Leading Real Estate Company.
Buying and selling homes is my job. It’s what I do best. Give me a call and put me to work for you, so you can do what you do best. I look forward to hearing from you.
A qualified, competent real estate agent will help you navigate the myriad of decisions that arise when buying and selling a home. An agent provides value to the homeowner in many ways:
- Pays for all marketing and advertising costs.
- Adds experience and expertise in all aspects of the sales process including marketing, financing, negotiations and more.
- Handles all showings.
- Brings a network of known, trusted real estate professionals. If your agent doesn't have the answer, he or she likely knows someone who does.
- Always has your interests in mind so you always have someone on your side.
- Can handle and advise on all price and contract negotiations.
- Provides you with all the possible options and opportunities without holding back.
- Gives an unbiased, realistic view of your home and your options. Unlike buyers and sellers, an agent has no emotional attachment to property.
- Has the knowledge to help you ask the right questions.
- Being a third party, potential buyers are more likely to tell your agent the truth about your home, even if it is unflattering. This objective viewpoint will help you make the necessary changes to get your home sold.
- Your time is valuable. A real estate agent allows you to spend your time how you want.
If you have been thinking of purchasing a home or selling your home, give me a call and I will help you with every step of the process and make it as easy and relaxing as possible.
For all of your Real Estate needs, Call me Today!
Call Lisa Tollis at 905 648 4451 24hr pager
Get a REALTOR® on your team when buying or selling
Thinking of buying or selling a home? If so you’ll want to enlist the services of a REALTOR® to help you navigate through this complicated business transaction from start to finish.
Your REALTOR® has what it takes to help you every step of the way to achieving your home ownership dreams. And, he or she will be the top player on a team of experts who will protect your interests and ensure your real estate transaction goes smoothly.
Depending on your needs, the other experts on your team will likely include a lender, a lawyer, and insurance agent and a home inspector. Your REALTOR® will offer guidance as to how to proceed with your purchase or sale and when it’s time to bring in the other experts and professionals on your team.
A REALTOR has vast amounts of real estate knowledge and the experience required to stay cool, even in a hot real estate market. In Ontario, a REALTOR® is a licensed real estate professional who is a member of a local real estate board as well as the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA). When you work with a REALTOR®, you can expect strict adherence to provincial law as well as to a code of ethics ensuring you’ll receive the highest level of service, honesty and integrity.
If you are buying a home, your REALTOR® can help you determine how much house you can afford, offer advice on choosing the right neighbourhood and ensure your interests are best served during negotiations.
If you are selling a home, your REALTOR® will help you determine a fair and accurate asking price for your home, develop a marketing plan, offer advice to help make your home more “saleable,” screen potential buyers, show your home and, of course, negotiate on your behalf.
As you and your REALTOR® begin looking for a home, it is wise to also begin looking for a mortgage lender. Your REALTOR can help you review various mortgage options to ensure you get the best rates and terms available. Although most buyers will start their search with their own bank or financial institution, it pays to shop around for more competitive rates. Often, your bank will match or beat a competitor’s rate to keep you as a customer.
It is recommended that you have a lawyer waiting in the wings, preferably one who specializes in real estate transactions, to review complicated documents such as the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. If you are selling, it’s wise to have a lawyer review an offer to purchase before you sign it. As a buyer, your lawyer will also ensure you receive clear title to the property and calculate the amount of land transfer tax you will be required to pay.
Having a home professionally inspected before you seal the deal to buy can help you avoid costly surprises after you move in. A home inspector will report any minor problems as well as major ones such as structural deficiencies that could affect your decision to buy at all or at what price.
In order to secure financing, mortgage lenders require insurance on the home. Just like when you shopped for your mortgage, do your homework with insurance companies too. Insurance coverage and rates vary and you will want to be sure you get the coverage you want at a fair price.
Having the right team of experts on your side can mean the difference between a successful real estate transaction and a personal and financial nightmare. When you select your team, start with a REALTOR – he or she will be your Most Valuable Player.
Realtors Code Of Ethics
CREA's Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice has been the measure of professionalism in organized real estate for over 40 years. The first code was approved in 1913 at the convention of the National Association of Real Estate Boards held in Winnipeg. The first Code of Ethics specifically prepared for members of The Canadian Real Estate Association was approved by members in 1959.
The Code establishes a standard of conduct, which in many respects exceeds basic legal requirements. This standard ensures that that the rights and interests of consumers of real estate services are protected. As a condition of membership, all REALTORS® agree to abide by the Code.
Some of the requirements of the Code include:
- REALTORS® must disclose in writing whom they are representing as an agent in the transaction. Parties to a transaction must be told what their agency relationship is to the REALTOR®.
- Definitions, terminology and presumed agency relationships vary from province to province. Most jurisdictions have their own forms for complying with disclosure requirements, which have been drafted to accommodate agency relationships as they exist in your province or territory.
- All financial arrangements between REALTORS® and others (e.g. referral fees, compensation from more than one party, rebates or profits on expenditures) must be fully disclosed to clients;
- REALTORS® cannot acquire an interest in property (either directly or indirectly) without disclosing the fact that they are real estate professionals;
- REALTORS® cannot use the terms of an agreement of purchase and sale to negotiate commission.
While the Code of Ethics establishes obligations that may be higher than those mandated by law, in any instance where the Code of Ethics and the law conflict, the obligations of the law must take precedence.
A REALTOR®'s ethical obligations are based on moral integrity, competent service to clients and customers, and dedication to the interest and welfare of the public. The Code has been amended many times to reflect changes in the real estate marketplace, the needs of property owners and the perceptions and values of society. For more than forty years, through a variety of updates, the CREA Code of Ethics is unchanged in demanding high standards of professional conduct to protect the interests of clients and customers and safeguard the rights of consumers of real estate services.