Why a home Inspection?
- The purpose of an home inspection is to provide useful and relevant information about the home you're about to buy...to remove some of the worry about home ownership, and to provide peace of mind.
The PIT Formula: Some time ago, the PIT (principal, interest & taxes) formula was expanded to include heating costs. And more recently, it has become universally recognized that repair and maintenance also have a significant bearing on the cost of home ownership. Most often the costs are relatively low, with respect to the overall value of the home - but can sometimes become an unexpected or even un-manageable burden.
Our objective: The objective of an Electrospec inspection is to provide prospective purchasers with useful and relevant information about the house they are buying.
This information is designed to:
1. ensure purchasers are comfortable with the information they have about the home, by explaining it’s various parts and systems in everyday language,
2. remove the mystery and worry about home ownership and provide peace of mind,
3. assist in budgeting for the next 3-5 years by providing approximate costs to maintain and service the home, and
4. offer solutions to any significant findings that may arise during the course of the inspection.
The guidelines provided by Electrospec are based on what is typical or average for the home, given it's age and construction type.
- Follow-up service: Telephone consultation is provided at no extra cost, for as long as you own your home. We can answer your questions and provide information about products, materials and methods, provide referrals and help you along the way. There's no extra charge.
- Scope of the inspection: The inspection service we provide is a visual inspection. The report is the opinion of the individual inspector based on his or her experience and knowledge of construction practices and home operation. The inspection is intended to be a comprehensive overview of the primary structure of the property and is not, and should not be considered, an exhaustive detailed inspection of each system and component. It is our goal that our services meet or exceed the standards for professional home inspections specified by the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors.
The intent of our service is to provide you, the prospective home owner, with information about homes in general and your new home in particular. Any home inspection service is informational in nature and in no way a guarantee or warranty on the home or its systems and components. Warrantees can be purchased separately and we suggest you further investigate the products available if this is what you are looking for.
courtesy of: Gil Strachan, Electrospec